Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude

Smell of wood smoke and spices in the chill air. Happy friends and family gathering to feast and be thankful for each other's company and enjoy the gifts of the season. Barking dogs, laughing children. Cocktails, parades, football, pie and traditions. For me, these are the highlights of an American Thanksgiving.

It seems appropriate to me that we begin our first blog post during the season of gratitude. Michele and I both have so much to be thankful for. Sugarcooky Graphics is the fulfillment of a long deferred wish for us, and now that we are actually up and running, we are both so happy and grateful that we can do this.

My name is Paula Castleberry and my friend Michele Weisbart and I are partners in Sugarcooky Graphics. We are both freelance Graphic Designers and faculty members in the Visual Communications Department at FIDM. As friends, we could not be more different in temperament and lifestyle, but we completely complement each other when it comes to design and digital media. Michele is single, handy with a crochet hook, and uses her skill in Chinese brushwork to create unique, handcrafted purses from upcycled cigar boxes. I am married, with two little girls, and I'm just generally homey and crafty as all get out (that's me with my family in the profile pic!) Combined, the result is Sugarcooky Graphics.

Just so you know, I will be the primary blogger, but you'll also hear from Michele from time to time. Michele is working on the website, and it will be in place soon. We both handle the Etsy Shop, and other venues for our designs are in the works.

A big Thank You to you for reading this blog! We hope you will follow us as we continue this venture and contribute your own comments. We can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment